On Monday, Kaley and I met up with Wendy, her boys and her two nieces (which are also Mark's cousin's daughters) and we went to the Elmvale Zoo. As far as zoos go, this one is pretty unique. It is quite rugged and you can get really close to the animals, and it is close to Barrie which makes for a nice afternoon. This was Kaley's first trip to the zoo and it was really cute watching her interact with the animals. She was quite enthralled with the goats and tried to hug them like she does Baracus, sooo cute:) I think she was confused with the horns though, she kept trying to touch them and pull at them. Her next favourite animals were the monkeys. I think this was in part because she was trying to figure out how they climbed up things so easily. I just hope that goes right out of her memory! Westin took a stab at reading the signs and did a great job at letting us know what animal we were looking at. Mackenzie had a wealth of knowledge about a lot of the animals, so we all learned something that we didn't know:) The kids enjoyed themselves and had fun seeing the animals.
Kaley checking out the horns!
Looking on with wonder...
A couple pictures of the animals, I couldn't believe how close we could get to them!
She's adorable! I love her outfit, she's a stylin' little diva.
ReplyDelete