Thursday, July 1, 2010

Playing with the "kitchen"

Kaley and I have been on vacation in Minnesota visiting Grandpa and Grandma these past few days and we are having a lot of fun! Dad and mom's neighbors have two little girls, Izzy and Freya, and Kaley has enjoyed playing with them.

They recently bought some chickens to have in their back yard and the two little girls just love their chickens. Kaley has been over to see them quite a few times. She calls them the "kichens." Yesterday, Izzy brought one of them over to the house and it was the funniest thing I have ever seen. This chicken was so calm and relaxed, I almost thought it was a kitten at first. It would let the girls pick it up, play with it and treat it like a pet. It is the first domesticated chicken I have ever met. At one point, they even had it in the wagon pulling it around the backyard and it just sat there better than any pet would have.

The girls were having so much fun that I had to get it on video. Enjoy :-) No animals were harmed in the filming of this I promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment