This afternoon was the perfect time to bake some treats. The chocolate chip cookies that I make are Mark's favorite, and I wanted to do something special for him. Kaley was on board with the idea of baking with mommy, but when we got home, playing outside on the deck was too much of a temptation for her, so I had to do it myself. They turned out beautifully.
Here's the recipe that I use. I found it when I was in college and I haven't used any other recipe since. It makes the perfect chocolate chip cookie. They are lightly crispy on the outside, but soft in the middle. I'll share my one secret with you on how to make them.
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup of butter flavor Crisco shortening
1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (Mark really likes butterscotch chips)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine shortening, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in bowl.
Beat at medium speed with mixer until well blended.
3. Beat egg into creamed mixture.
4. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix into creamed mixture
just until blended.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart onto
ungreased baking sheet.
7. Bake at 375 for 9 minutes for chewy cookies (This is what I follow),
8. Here is my secret. When the timer goes off, pull out the cookies.
They will not look done, but leave them on the cookie sheet for
the entire time that the next sheet is baking- around 9 minutes.
9. After the timer goes off for the next sheet to be done, then remove
the cookies from the first sheet to cool on a wire rack. Allowing them
to sit for awhile on the hot pan out of the oven helps the cookies to
solidify and makes them easier to remove from the pan.
Do this with each baking sheet.
10. Enjoy your cookies. They are fantastic with a glass of milk. YUM!
Oh my chocolate GOODNESS! I love these cookies, and I am thinking you posted this on purpose just to tease me!!! lol :)
ReplyDeleteLucky for you, there will still be some left on Wednesday:-) But now you know what it is them...you may not want them anymore!
ReplyDelete