This afternoon we decorated eggs for the first time! Kaley had a blast getting her hands into the dye and playing with the eggs. We only had one mishap as she took two eggs and banged them against each other:-). It was so much fun doing this together. It reminded me of when I was a child and our family decorated eggs for Easter. What a fun memory those times were, and now being able to share it with Kaley and Mark is something special. We only did 8 eggs because that's a lot of hard boiled eggs to consume, but I think next year we may do a lot more just for the fun of it.
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Egg Decorating
This afternoon we decorated eggs for the first time! Kaley had a blast getting her hands into the dye and playing with the eggs. We only had one mishap as she took two eggs and banged them against each other:-). It was so much fun doing this together. It reminded me of when I was a child and our family decorated eggs for Easter. What a fun memory those times were, and now being able to share it with Kaley and Mark is something special. We only did 8 eggs because that's a lot of hard boiled eggs to consume, but I think next year we may do a lot more just for the fun of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Here's an idea for next year (this is what I plan to do)...
ReplyDeletehttp://retro-mama.blogspot.com/2009/03/easter-is-in-air.html
You can color the amount of eggs you can manage to eat, and then do this for the rest! The good part about it is that you can save them year after year and use them for a good egg hunt!
Looks like she had a LOT of fun! :)