It is funny how quick healthy habits seem to go by the wayside and how LONG it can take to get back to that place where those habits are simply a part of the every day routine.
Unfortunately for me, I didn't realize how far off track I had become until it was a week before Mark and Kaley were to leave for a weeks vacation to Calgary. I can't explain it other than I was in a *funk*. I wasn't sleeping well, eating well, my emotions were all over the place and it felt as though I was in crisis mode. Needless to say, I was looking forward to the week where I could get back to the place where I was the person, wife and mother that I needed to be- where love, grace, patience and compassion flowed freely.
It took a couple of days to clear my mind, relax and to focus on the important things that needed to be put back into place. After some much needed time to pray, talk with God and journaling, it became clear what I needed to do:
*start the day with prayer, and reading the Bible
*go to bed early and get up early
*exercise
*start using health food supplements again
*plan out my week
I had originally started with a HUGE list of things I wanted to change and then quickly realized that it was way too high of expectations and it would be hopeless to maintain. These were the things that, if implemented, would make a big difference-yet were relatively easy to put into practice.
Now, to make these things a habit once again!
This is an amazing Bible study that I recently started again.
I did it the first time about 12 years ago and I am loving it so far!
I did it the first time about 12 years ago and I am loving it so far!
This is part of my eating healthy plan:
My food guide, protein powder, hot lemon and honey water, fish oil and coconut milk.
My food guide, protein powder, hot lemon and honey water, fish oil and coconut milk.
My Week Planner-
If I plan my week according to what I need to do and want to do and the actual time it will take to complete the tasks, then my time can be used effectively and purposely.
If I plan my week according to what I need to do and want to do and the actual time it will take to complete the tasks, then my time can be used effectively and purposely.
No comments:
Post a Comment