My amazing and very talented husband has been hard at work again! Well, to be completely honest, this project has been done for about two months, but I am just getting to post it now...such is my life:-)
We bought our bed shortly after we were married - mostly because we would have killed each other had we continued sleeping in a double bed. Needless to say, back then we had enough money for the bed, but wanted to wait until we moved here to think about a bedroom set. It will be 10 years this December, and we have YET to buy a bedroom set:-) I'm actually glad that we didn't, because the furniture that we have fits perfect in our space.
But, we have wanted a headboard for quite a while, so Mark asked if I could find a picture of what I liked and he would work his magic and add his special touch on it, and thus created this...in one afternoon! He really enjoys being able to make things like this. He does such a beautiful job of giving our home character with his special touch.
The next big project when we have the money saved up, is to add some paint colour to the walls, so when that happens, you will really be able to see the headboard even more!
Wow that looks awesome! I have also been wanting a headboard for our bed... well a bedroom set would be better, but like you it's been 4.5 years since we were married and no bedroom set yet! I saw a neat design show where you use an old door and either finish it to look nice or cover it with fabric and stuffing... someday I might get to it!
ReplyDelete