Monday, May 10, 2010

My Mother's Day

(As you can tell, Kaley wasn't really in the mood for pictures.
This was the *best* one we could get!)

I had such a lovely mother's day weekend! It began on Saturday morning with a brunch at the church with Kaley. The brunch was entitled "Celebrate Mother's" and it was exactly that! I always enjoy being able to do these special events with Kaley and making special memories while she is young. After the brunch, we came home, had lunch and then had a nap together for the afternoon. I optimistically set out to have some quiet time as she slept, but hearing her softly fall asleep beside me lulled me into a nice afternoon nap! We both woke up and discovered that the dog had joined us as well. Talk about a family bed:-) That night, Mark made chopped pizza for dinner and homemade cherry cheesecake...my favourite!

I woke up on Sunday morning and took some time in the quiet of the morning to listen to our baby girl's heartbeat and feel the little movements as she woke up. Shortly after that I heard a little voice calling my name ready to get up and greet the day. Kaley and I made blueberry muffins together (and coffee) and then got ready to go to church. At church when Mark was giving his invocation prayer, Kaley very distinctly said in the middle with a very loud voice "AMEN!" to which she had quite a few chuckles from the people sitting around us. What a funny little girl:-) I received a loving card from Mark and Kaley and we all went on a very cold, but fun walk together in the evening. Kaley pulled her wagon the whole way and tried her best to keep up with Baracus.

The most important part of the weekend was the time spent with the people that I love the most- my family. I am blessed to have an amazing husband and a sweet little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment