Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break Projects

This past week was Spring Break for me which meant a week of no work! Yeah! My parents were here visiting which was such a nats around the city that Kaley would enjoy. When Kaley went down for her nap, that is when I was able to concentrate on some projects around the house that I've been wanting to tackle for some time. Luckily, dad and mom wanted to help so I got twice the amount of work done that I wanted to!

Project #1 (Biggest project) Playroom for Kaley
I understand the importance of playtime for a toddler, so I wanted to create an area where Kaley could freely play with whatever she was interested in, and could leave her things out without having to have it picked up. The best place was in the basement, so the first thing was to clean out the main room in the basement, then organize her toys and then put it all together.

The old t.v. cabinet that is now where Kaley's toys are kept.



Some of her toys in the cabinet.



Her big girl play toys.



The music corner for our little musician! (The piano is the one that I usually practice on, but Kaley has quickly adopted it as hers when I'm not using it!)



Kaley's craft corner



Project #2 - My Craft Room
I have tried three different ideas for my craft room. If first tried a storage room, then tried to make it portable and then tried it up in our bedroom. None of which worked very well at all. So, when we were designing Kaley's playroom, we were able to put all of my craft items in a corner of the playroom. Now we can both be creative and play together in one place!



Project #3- A Storage place for winter coats
As we've found in the last two years, we have more and more things that are needed for a two year old. One of the things that seemed to be growing faster than we could keep up with, is the coats, jackets, snowsuits, etc. So, after some moving around and cleaning out of some areas, dad was able to put up a board in the storage area beneath the stairs to put all her things! It works perfect!



There were other little projects that we got done, but these were the biggest ones, and it is so nice that they are done. Thanks dad and mom for your help, you were a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment