Friday, February 12, 2010

Our Cooking Experience

On Wednesday night, we were making open faced sandwiches for supper. The best thing about this dinner is, of course, the homemade mashed potatoes. So, Kaley and I took on this portion of the dinner. We try and include her whenever we can in preparing dinner because of the natural learning experience that cooking is. She was such a good helper. She washed the potatoes, helped mommy peel them, and then needed her own peeler (the spoon) to do it herself! She then filled the pan with water herself and added some salt with mommy's help. She had to take a break when the potatoes were getting cut up and then whipped but only because I don't want her to know how to cut with a knife or a blender yet. I'm afraid that there might be some grave outcomes if Kaley comes across one. Who knows what she would do (Baracus look out!). She did make a great tester though! Hopefully she will gain the most of her cooking skills from her daddy, but at least I can teach her the basics:-)













No comments:

Post a Comment