Friday, February 26, 2010

"I Skate! I Skate!"

Tonight we had our church's family fun night event which was skating at the Barrie City hall outdoor rink. This was Kaley's first encounter with ice and she had so much fun. We thought that we would bring the sled and have Grandma pull her around in the sled around the outside. Ha ha, that happened for all of two seconds. The minute we got to the skating rink, out she came from the sled and right onto the rink boots and all and didn't look back. She had so much fun! She had no idea that she didn't have skates on her feet, she just ran around in circles saying "I skate! I skate!" We finally got a video of her saying it and I must say that it is really cute:-). She did start off with all of the proper winter clothes in order to keep her warm, but halfway through she pulled off her scarf, mittens, coat and had started on her hat and snowpants when we had to stop the removal of clothing! It was a lot of fun and afterwards we headed to Second Cup to get a cup of hot chocolate to warm us up. Very fun family night indeed! Now it is time for mommy's legs to get soar from all of the exercise she did tonight (yep I'm REALLY out of shape)!

















No comments:

Post a Comment