Kaley went to daycare for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I always knew that the daycare at our church was great, but I didn't realize how great it was until our own daughter was a part of it. Her teachers are Miss Claudette and Miss Julia. They were so caring, compassionate and encouraging as Kaley (and mommy) got adjusted to our new normal. Kaley had many firsts these past two weeks and has done amazingly well. Mark and I count it as a huge success in our parenting skills that while she missed us, she quickly became accustomed to her new surroundings and made connections to her teachers and to the other kids. She has made a little "friend" which is so cute to see!
Her first week she marble painted a leaf, pushed her stuffed dog in the stroller, played with playdough, rice, water and leaves in sensory play, and made some cute art projects. Kaley also learned this really cute chicken/stomping/sumo dance routine. I have yet to catch it on camera, but it is adorable. She has always loved dancing around to music that she hears, she just now has some choreography to go with it!
The daycare is such a great place. Her teachers absolutely love her. She always gets quite the welcome when she comes in the morning and even her classmates get a smile on their face when she walks in. There is a ton of teaching and learning that goes on and her day is filled with a lot of fun and interesting activities. As far as the next best place for Kaley to be, I am thrilled with the choice we have made. We couldn't have asked for anything better! I'll blog about my journey through this a little while later, but for now, here are a few pictures to enjoy!
Having fun with getting her picture taken:)
Kaley's many masterpieces!
No comments:
Post a Comment