Sunday, September 27, 2009

All is well again!

This past month has been a little crazy. Shortly after getting back from Alaska, Kaley and I headed down to Minnesota/Missouri for two weeks. While I was down there on the second to the last day, I had my computer lying on its side and Kaley came into the room with a water bottle. She went over to where the computer was, opened up the bottle and attempted to take a drink. As luck would have it (or my stupidity) the water spilled down onto the computer. It wasn't a whole lot of water, but some did get on the computer. I quickly picked it up, turned it over and tried to dry it off as best as I could. When I went to turn it on, nothing happened!
When I got home, I took it to a computer guy who took it all apart and tested the various areas and came to the conclusion that the mother board wasn't getting any power. He said that he didn't see any signs of water damage, but either way, the computer was toast! So, then I had to wait a couple more days for them to get a new computer in and transfer everything over.
While I was waiting for all of this to happen (which ended up being close to two weeks) I was using a backup computer, which decided that it didn't like the blogspot page, so I couldn't sign in and thus couldn't write any new posts. Here I had all these things i wanted to write about, birthdays to catch up on and vacations to talk about, and I couldn't do any of it.
So, long story short, I now have a computer which is working and I didn't lose anything from my old computer. Now I get to play catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment