Before Kaley was born, many people gave us the advice to put a priority on spending time with one another and nurturing our relationship in the midst of caring for our baby. When we were planning on children, we thought about what we wanted our family to look like and what we wanted for our family as a whole. One of those things was taking time for Mark and I to spend together as a couple even if it was a couple of hours at a time. This has been a little easier said than done this past year, but we have managed to do exactly that. This past week we decided to take a bit more time and see the sights and sounds of Toronto.
Our time was first spent by taking a subway trip to the city. Mark has recently had a particular fascination with the subway since the last time he went to a baseball game with his brother. It is such a different experience from life here in Barrie, that is for sure. All I kept envisioning was Bruce Willis and Samuel Jackson sweeping in and saving the day from a bomb threat (yes, I know, too many movies!) Needless to say, none of that happened, it was quite uneventful in that respect.
Mark and I on the subway.
When we got into Toronto, we checked into our hotel and headed out to the Blue Jays game. We were able to get tickets in the VIP section on the second deck between home plate and the dugout. It was fantastic! There were padded seats, shade from the sun AND waitresses that brought us a menu and took our order! We never had to leave our seats. Now THAT is the way to see a baseball game. The best part was that they won and it was a great game.
The V.I.P. entrance!

That night we went out for dinner at a lovely restaurant. Here I thought being down in Toronto for Canada Day would lend itself to some spectacular fireworks for which we could go and see because we didn't have a little one that needed to be in bed. Then we found out that because the city workers were on strike (ugggh), there was NOTHING planned. It was so disappointing. So, we had to settle for hearing fireworks in the distance.
The next morning we got up and headed to lunch and then went to a matinee for The Sound of Music. I hadn't seen the movie for ages, so it was like seeing it for the first time. The musical was amazing! We had great seats and the music was incredible. Mark had never seen it before and he was a great sport about it. I think it helped that during the intermission they came around with Coke and treats much like the baseball game:) After that, we got our bags from the hotel and headed back home.

It was great being able to spend time together, although I must admit, most of our talk was about Kaley:) I was reminded AGAIN just how thankful I am to have a wonderful husband and family. Thanks honey for our evening out, it was great!
No comments:
Post a Comment