Today is my dad's birthday! I know I sound like a broken record, but I am so thankful for the family that I have been blessed to have, and my dad is just another one of those blessings. He is so kind, generous of his resources and time, thoughtful of others and passionate about what he does. Thinking back on my childhood, some of the fondest memories I have are going out to the shop where he worked and he would let Jason and I ride the hoist in his work area, would let us go see the firetrucks in the other part of the building, and would always let us get a bottle of pop from the machine. Vacations were always so much fun. We would take a two week vacation during the summer and drive to wherever our destination was. We went to places like New York City, Missouri, Washington D.C., South Dakota, California and all the states in between. We learned all about reading maps, saw a bunch of historical sites and even when it was time to learn how to drive, dad taught us how even on the highway (and mom, you must have been VERY brave to let him do this!!!). He also taught us good life lessons that I cherish still today.
He has become a great grandfather to both Olivia and Kaley and they no doubt love him back just as much. Dad, we're so thankful that you are who you are. Thanks for everything and have a very happy birthday!!! We love you.
Proud grandpa with Baby Kaley
Grandpa listening intently to Olivia explaining something...no doubt a game they were going to play later:)
Dad and his historically great gifts (and always practical)
Grandpa and Kaley playing horsey!
No comments:
Post a Comment