Sunday, May 24, 2009

Women's Retreat 2009

This weekend I attended the women's retreat that is put on each year by our Nazarene district. It is a great opportunity to spend some time with friends and even create new bonds of friendship. This year proved to be this and even more! We had an excellent speaker who presented the story of the woman at the well through drama and music. The theme of the weekend was "Living Water" and how everything you need in life can be found through a relationship with Christ. It was inspiring and thought provoking and has led to some questions in my own heart and mind about my life and what God desires for me. My life is not my own and my greatest desire is to be not only the wife, mom, friend and person that God desires, but a vessel through which which incredible love and mercy can flow through. Yet, the struggle comes in when the daily things of life and ministry vie for my attention, time and energy. It is not a matter of choosing between good and bad, if only it could be that easy! Mark always says that rather than managing your time, you need to manage your energy, which is so true. So, this week for me will be a time of prayer, meditation and quiet time spent "in my deep place where nobody goes" where I sort through these questions and seek guidance and direction.

I also bought a few books this weekend! How could you not when they have this fabulous book store just waiting for you to snatch them up? One of my all time favourite books when I was growing up were the Berenstein Bears! I believe I have read almost all of them and now am reading them to Kaley. At the bookstore, they had a Christian series of Berenstein Bears books!!! I was so excited. So, I decided to buy them for Kaley as a present. I can't wait to read them to her!



I also bought a health book to help me get back to a more healthy lifestyle. I *know* how to be healthy and what I need to do to get to that place, yet I just have to choose to make it a priority over being lazy and a habit that becomes second nature.




I love the refocusing and redirection that a retreat can offer. What a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment