Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Important Lessons Learned

Today Kaley made some "significant" leaps today:) Okay, so not really, but in our world, anything new that she learns is an exciting thing. So, she found a whistle of mine from last year in a cabinet and she was walking around with it all day trying to figure out how to make some sound come out of it. I showed her how to use it, but she just couldn't figure it out. We worked and worked on the blowing thing, which is not that easy to do:) It was a blast though, she would laugh and laugh as I showed her how to blow air out of her mouth. In the afternoon after her nap, she picked up the whistle and did it!!! We were able to catch a bit of it on the video:



Then, we moved onto sniffing!! That was just about as easy to teach her as the blowing air out was:) She found a bowl of potpourri in the bookcase and kept trying to "sniff" it, but ended up blowing air at it. It was really cute. It didn't help that the potpourri was in the shape of cinnamon rolls and berries, so keeping them out of her mouth was no small task. We caught a cute a expression of her while trying it out...(pay no mind to the parenting happening behind the camera).


1 comment:

  1. What a doll. I love the smelling. I can't believe how big she is getting. Oh and I see the cloth diaper. Good job!

    ReplyDelete