against germs that is - and I hope with all my might that I will be victorious!
We have been blessed with really good health for all of us, but especially our children. When Mark came home from the doctors this week with the case of strep throat, we just did our best to keep the girls a safe distance away from him until the 24 hours passed when he wasn't contagious anymore. He had antibiotics and was resting and I honestly didn't give it much thought to doing anything for the rest of us.
Yesterday after coming home from a play day at our friends home, both girls fell asleep right away, which for Kaley is a rare event. She woke up an hour later crying, with a fever of 102 and complaining that her throat hurt- oh oh! I didn't want to jump to conclusions yet, but I wanted to catch it early in case she caught what Mark had. I went downstairs to get the bottle of probiotics out of the refrigerator and to my dismay, found out that it had expired. So then, I went to find the Tylenol and found that the four bottles of Infant Tylenol and the one bottle of Children's Tylenol had also expired. I gave Kaley some juice and a cool washcloth and headed out to the store.
It was on the ride to the store that it dawned on me that not only did the girls and I need to be taking probiotics, but especially Mark since he was on antibiotics - duh! A short while later, and having spent a small fortune on stocking up on all of the important items, I returned home to try and get everyone back to good health.
I pulled out the ingredients for the Natural Disinfectant Spray to make up a new batch, gave everyone the their "medicine" and prayed that we would get out of this quickly.
This morning I was so relieved that Kaley woke up and was her happy bubbly self, no temperature and her throat felt fine:-) Whew! Just to make sure that we are free and clear, today's job will be disinfecting our home which is a good thing to do anyways. I wish I could say the Mark is just as good, but unfortunately he has to let time and his body do the work of getting better . It is hard to watch him go through this, but I'm glad he is taking it easy and hopefully will come out of this soon.
Good health to everyone this new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment