Thursday, June 9, 2011

I wanna Go Go Go Go-on an adventure...


And head out on an adventure we did! Last night a thunderstorm came through Barrie and the result of which left Kaley's beloved pool somewhere away from home. Right before the rain came, we had some pretty high gusts of wind coming through and her little pool was blown over into the creek behind our house. I could barely get the lawn chairs into the house without blowing away myself, so there wasn't any way I was going to be able to jump the fence and get the pool back into the house before the rain came. When the rain did came down , the creek quickly filled up and had about four feet of quickly moving current, so sadly enough, the little pool was swept away down the creek leaving a very sad and worried little girl.

Kaley's plan was that in the morning, we would build a pink boat, get in the water and go find our pool. When we did, the big machines that are working out back would come and get it and bring it back to our home. As excited as I was about this plan, we had to make a few minor adjustments to it before heading out.

So, after breakfast, I put Chloe in the sling, we put our tennis shoes on, grabbed the dog, our camera and a flashlight and set off to find our pool. We had a great time walking through the field and looking down the path of the creek. There were a lot of weeds and grass that had grown there, so it wasn't easy to see much of anything, but we kept going. I half expected to see it floating in the middle of the lake that the creek feeds into, and if it was, Kaley's pink boat would have come in handy! Needless to say though, thanks to a grate that was put on the opening of the tunnel, our little pool was saved!!!

Now we just have to wait for daddy to come back from District Assembly so that we can go and bring it back home.

One little life lesson was put into practice during this ordeal. When we were praying last night before bed, Kaley wanted to pray for her pool. So, we prayed that God would keep it safe wherever it was, and that he would help us know where to look for it in the morning. After we found it, we thanked God for answering our prayer.

It may not be theologically correct, but to a three year old, that was what was important to her and she wanted to tell God about it, so I was happy to help her pray for it. I love seeing the world through the eyes of a little girl:-)

Here are some photos of our grand adventure.


All ready to go!
Searching in the tall grass


I love the flashlight:-)


What once was lost, now was found!





We also found a rock with some snails-Kaley's favorite!

And took some time to smell some wildflowers and pick them to bring home.

Kaley doing some more searching with her flashlight!





No comments:

Post a Comment